Within the scope of the communiqué on “Promoting the Development of International Competitiveness” (PDIC) (UR-GE in Turkish) published by the Turkish Ministry of Trade, projects are carried out by cooperation agencies (including Clusters, Trade & Industry Chambers, etc.) for Turkish companies to increase their competencies to foster exports and develop new international
cooperation with companies abroad.
The companies participating in the project are expected to carry out export-oriented actions and activities such as joint needs analysis, joint learning (training and consultancy) and joint marketing (promotion, brand, trade mission, matching) under the leadership of the organization that prepared the project.
In this respect, Aerospace Cluster Association (ACA) of Turkey, a long-term member of European Aerospace Cluster Partnership (EACP) organization and active member of GAC (Global Aerospace Cluster) initiative is working closely with Ministry of Trade under a new project (Project No: 17UR-GE041) to support participating enterprises and SME’s to help increasing their competitiveness by fostering their efforts in obtaining needed certifications, arranging specific trainings and consultancy sessions and initiating international sourcing activities (including B2B’s sessions in country and abroad) to reach new markets and new partners for potential collaboration in the international arena.
Financing: 75 % of the project costs (including activity costs, T&L, etc.) are covered by the Ministry of Trade and the remaining portion will be covered by the companies participating in the project.
A Competency Matrix related to the participating companies is also available in the following link:
Project Facts & Figures:
· Duration of the Project: 3 Years (With extension of 6 months)
· Number of Participating Companies: 13
· Need Analysis is completed for creating the project roadmap and activities.
· Trainings completed under the project:
o AS 9100 D General Training
o AS 9100 D Internal Auditor Training
o Project Management Training
o ERP Awareness and Process Effectiveness Training
o Innovation Management Training
· Virtual Marketplace: A new virtual platform is under the usage of our companies to meet with Executives from the OEM’s and experts to provide awareness and information on projects as well as B2B sessions to create a network to meet procurement people from OEM’s.
· Consultancy needs are collected from the member companies.