ACA (HUKD) – Turkey and AVIATION VALLEY - Poland) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in 2016 in Lisbon/Portugal for further cooperation in Aerospace projects and activities.
Aviation Valley cluster was established in April 11, 2003, as a non-profit organization, as a means to furthering the rapid development and growth of the aerospace industry in southeastern Poland. This decision was conceived by a group of leading aeronautic producers, suppliers and businessmen. Significant funding for the Association has been provided by Pratt & Whitney, a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, space propulsion systems and industrial gas turbines.
Apart from representing the interests of our members AVIATION VALLEY also has the following primary tasks and objectives.
· The organization and development of a low-cost supply chain.
· The creation of favorable conditions in order to enhance the development of aerospace industry enterprises in this region.
· The further development of aerospace research, aptitude and skill.
· The cooperation with universities of technology, which would promote new ideas and scientific research within the aerospace industry.
· The promotion of the Polish aerospace industry.
· The protection of enterprise and businesses in the aerospace industry.
· The influence on the Polish government’s economic policy towards the aerospace industry and its domain.
Aviation Valley currently represents 170 companies within the region, with several others in the process of applying for membership.
Their most important short- and medium-term goals are:
· to improve the existing manufacturing base.
· to create a strong and reliable network of subcontractors and a low-cost supply chain.
· to attract foreign investment.
· to develop a relationship with other European centers of the aerospace industry.
· to promote joint cooperation of the industry with universities of technology, and research centers.
The long-term objective of the Aviation Valley is to transform southeastern Poland into one of Europe’s leading aerospace regions, which would be able to provide a diverse cross section of products and services for the most demanding clients.
You can reach further information via link below.